Monday, October 4, 2010

BP4_Edmodo

It's like Facebook for teachers!  I joined edmodo today.  It is a social networking site for educators.  I created groups for each of my Speech classes and posted a welcome post to my "wall" in each class.  The site is very easy to maneuver and it took mere minutes to set up.  Edmodo is extremely user-friendly and even connected me to other teachers at my school who are already using this tool. I set up the account to notify me via my cell phone if anyone posts a message to my wall.  My idea is to be able to communicate with my students in this professional setting after school in order to provide support when they are completing their homework.  The calendar function is also very helpful because when I finish setting it up, I can add my lesson plans and class summaries so that students who are absent or need a review can click on the day of the week they would like to see and that information will open up including any handouts or worksheets that I can scan in and provide for them, as well.  I am very excited about the possibilities edmodo opens up for my classroom environment.

2 comments:

  1. You are the second of my friends to refer Edmodo. I have seen it a few times now and I like it as well. I was thinking of the possibilities of expanding the classroom in a format so similar to the Facebook format. The idea of making yourself available after hours speaks to your willingness to explore new options for teaching. So does this application. Good job on finding Edmodo!

    Terrance

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Terrance! I'm really excited about the possibilities here, as well! Have fun trying it out!

    ReplyDelete